The Marbury Center was the original fire department headquarters built in the late 1890’s and was in service until the 1970’s.
Careful renovations have kept the old charm of the original fire station while offering one of Augusta’s premier special event venues. The Marbury Center has a spacious outdoor courtyard overlooking two stables that were once used to house the horses when the engines were horse drawn. Located between 12th and 13th streets makes Marbury within short walking distance to popular downtown restaurants, bars, Riverwalk and hotel accommodations.
Hosting your next special event at Marbury makes “doing it downtown” fun and easy. It is the perfect location if you are looking for a venue with easy access to many of downtowns “after party” hot spots.
The rental of the facility includes the use of the main hall and courtyard. All food and beverage is provided by Roux’s Catering.
The capacity is 250 – 300 people; some standing and some seated. If you include the courtyard, you may include approximately 50-75 more. Seating capacity is approximately 200.
The following items, if needed, are included with your rental: approximately 15 – 4′ round tables, 20 – 5′ round tables, and some 6′ banquet tables. We have approximately 150 white wooden chairs.
•Rental fees are subject to yearly increase
Friday – Sunday (10 hour) $1,500.00
Monday – Thursday (6 hour) $600.00
Monday – Friday (4 hour breakfast or lunch) $350.00
Reservation Fee (required to hold date) $500.00
Rules for Reservations
1. To reserve a rental date, a non-refundable deposit of $500.00 must be paid to Marbury Center and a Rental Contract signed. The rental deposit is applied toward the total rental fee; the balance of the rental fee is due 60 days prior to event; failure to pay within 60 days will result in a loss of all funds paid to date. Cancellation within 30 days of the event will result in a loss of all funds paid to date. Marbury Center will not enter into a rental contract with anyone under twenty-one (21) years of age.
2. Damages. If the premises or any tables and chairs are damaged during rental hours by the lessess and/or any individual contracted by the lessess or guests, the lessess are responsible for all damage costs and repairs. Rental rules and regulations must also be adhered to during the rental hours to avoid any damages or further costs.
3. Hours of rental include the time it takes the lessee and/or any individual contracted by the lessee to set up and take down the event. This includes everyone associated with the rental.
4. Fees and rules are subject to reasonable changes if the rental date is more than six months (6) from the date the contract is signed.
5. Marbury Center and an Augusta Richmond County Ordinance require that a fireman and a policeman be on duty during the hours of the event. The lessee is responsible for hiring and paying these individuals.
Call: Lieutenant Tutt, Police Department – 821-1743
Barbara West, Fire Department – 821-2909
- Includes the use of the main hall and courtyard
- Seating capacity is approximately 200. Including the courtyard, you may include approximately 50-75 more.
- Approximately 15 – 4′ round tables, 20 – 5′ round tables, and some 6′ banquet tables.
- Approximately 150 white wooden chairs.
The Marbury Center
1244 Jones St, Augusta, GA 30901, USA